In light of the success at the 2015 edition, Rencontres is organizing a session of portfolio assessments by photography professionals as part of the Photographer Tour.
Portfolio assessments are intended for people interested in submitting their pictures to personalities connected with the world of photography (art critic, curator, event director, artist, and so on) in order to get critical feedback. All levels and all photographic practices are accepted.
The activity will take place on Thursday, August 18 from 2 to 4 p.m. at Quai des Arts in the exhibit hall of the Centre d’artistes Vaste et Vague. The panel of guest assessors for this new edition is as follows:
– Serge Allaire, art curator, historian and critic (Montreal, Québec)
– Fred Boucher, co-director of Diaphane and the festival Les Photaumnales (Beauvais, France)
– Serge Clément, artist and photographer (Montreal, Québec)
– Jacques Damez, artist et photographer (Lyon, France)
– Adriana Wattel, co-director of Diaphane and the festival Les Photaumnales (Beauvais, France)
The activity is free and open to all, but the number of places is limited.
If you wish to meet and present your work to a photography professional, kindly send an email to email@example.com with a brief résumé of your photographic practice.
Each get-together lasts 20 minutes, and we recommend that you bring your photo work either in the form of prints or in a digital version on your computer, tablet, etc.
Don’t forget that the portfolio assessment is a special and convivial moment for meeting and interacting with other photographers as impassioned as yourself.
We invite you to follow us for the Photographer Tour, which runs from August 18 to 21, 2016, on social networking sites #photogaspesie and on our Facebook event.